Productive General Practice (PGP) Quick Start is an on-site, hands-on, short term support package for practices that aims to help practices release time within General Practice to allow staff more time to deliver care.
Practices in Crawley and Horsham and Mid-Sussex (HMS) have taken part in the programme over an eight week period, working on two of modules below that are designed to create time savings, improve skills and create better team working in General Practice.
The modules are as follows:
- Frequent Attenders- set up a focused, speedy, regular review of high attenders. Leads to different approaches for the individual patient and also for the practice in general.
- Appropriate Appointments - explores what opportunities there are to ensure the patient sees the right person, first time. Links to the national ‘Avoidable Appointments audit tool’.
- Common Approach – expose unhelpful variation in approach that causes extra effort. Helps develop a common approach to service delivery.
- Team Planning- high level assessment of peaks and troughs in practice capacity and in activity. The practice looks at the profile of holidays, training and external meetings to reduce stress on the practice at peak times.
- Well Organised Practice - save time by creating a more efficient working environment. A place for everything and everything in its place.
- Efficient Processes -redesign everyday processes such as repeat prescriptions that regularly cause staff frustration.
- Clear Job Standards - use visual management techniques to ensure regular activities are completed on time, every time. Identify team training needs.
- Emails, Meetings and Interruptions- save time by reviewing how effectively you communicate in the practice. How effective are those meetings? Do we all need to see those emails? Why am I interrupted so often by people and tasks?
The practices would like to share their outcomes with patients in the following Celebration events:
- HMS cohort 9.30-12.30pm on 17th July at the Charis Centre
- Crawley Cohort 1.30Pm-4.30pm on 17th July at the Charis Centre
Please do come along to find out more of the good work that has been happening in local practices.
Tea and Coffee will be provided. Please RSVP to email@example.com