NHS Crawley and NHS Horsham and Mid Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) hosted their annual general meeting and Star Awards 2016 on 23 June at The Felbridge Hotel, East Grinstead - celebrating the achievements of staff, volunteers, members and partners who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
Special guest, Commonwealth Games medallist, Jade Lally, from Horsham presented the Star Awards. Jade said: “The AGM and Star Awards event was a positive experience for me to see. It’s important not just to praise people, but to keep the general public informed about what is happening to improve NHS services and that things are being actioned.”
This year’s awards were hand-crafted and kindly donated by Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre. Watch the video of them being made (above).
Full list of Star Awards 2016 winners and runners up:
Making a difference - To recognise a contribution and commitment that has made a difference to the work of the CCG
- Winner: Jeni Sharpe, Practice Nurse, Mid Sussex Healthcare
- Runner up: The Admin Team, Crawley & HMS CCGs.
Living our values - This award recognises a person or team who embodies the CCGs’ values in their particular area of work or contribution; values including honesty and transparency; a focus on patients; innovation; equality; accountability; fairness; affordability. (Sponsored by Amberley Museum & Heritage Centre).
- Winner: students on the Introduction to General Practice Nursing Students programme - Helen Grigor (Judges Close Surgery), Holly Vivian (Moatfield Road Surgery), Sarah McGarry (Langley Corner Surgery), Chloe Chambers (Cuckfield Surgery), Lisa Davis (Southwater Surgery)
- Runner up: Julie Kalsi, Co-ordinator for Crawley Dementia Alliance, Crawley Borough Council.
Above and beyond - To recognise those who have made the extra effort over and above their normal duties, either with their colleagues, patients or visitors to deliver an ‘outstanding’ service.
- Winner: Deb Daly, Management Accountant, CCGs
- Runner up: Dr Liz Fisher (GP), Park Surgery, Horsham.
Working together - This award recognises those who have forged strong and effective partnerships that make a difference
- Winners: Dr David McKenzie and Tom Insley, Clinical Lead/Senior Manager Mental Health, HMS and Crawley CCGs
- Runner up: what was formerly known as the Performance and Partnerships Team headed by Jayne Marklew, Crawley & HMS CCGs
- Runner up: Primary Care and Community Development team headed by Clare Allcock, Crawley & HMS CCGs.
Health and Wellbeing Champion - An award to recognise the promotion of wellness and healthy living
- Winner: Julie Kalsi, Co-ordinator for Crawley Dementia Alliance, Crawley Borough Council
- Runner up: members of Crawley Clinical Commissioning Patient Reference Group (CPRG), Crawley CCG.
Putting patients at the heart
To recognise work that directly improves patients' lives and their access to high quality, safe care. (Sponsored by Treetop Design and Print).
- Winner: Dr Mandy Claiden, GP Partner, The Brow Medical Centre
- Runner up is The Reception Team, Southgate Medical Group.